All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
About this product
- DescriptionBayesian Modeling in Bioinformatics discusses the development and application of Bayesian statistical methods for the analysis of high-throughput bioinformatics data arising from problems in molecular and structural biology and disease-related medical research, such as cancer. It presents a broad overview of statistical inference, clustering, and classification problems in two main high-throughput platforms: microarray gene expression and phylogenic analysis. The book explores Bayesian techniques and models for detecting differentially expressed genes, classifying differential gene expression, and identifying biomarkers. It develops vel Bayesian nparametric approaches for bioinformatics problems, measurement error and survival models for cDNA microarrays, a Bayesian hidden Markov modeling approach for CGH array data, Bayesian approaches for phylogenic analysis, sparsity priors for protein-protein interaction predictions, and Bayesian networks for gene expression data. The text also describes applications of mode-oriented stochastic search algorithms, in vitro to in vivo factor profiling, proportional hazards regression using Bayesian kernel machines, and QTL mapping. Focusing on design, statistical inference, and data analysis from a Bayesian perspective, this volume explores statistical challenges in bioinformatics data analysis and modeling and offers solutions to these problems. It encourages readers to draw on the evolving techlogies and promote statistical development in this area of bioinformatics.
- Author BiographyDipak K. Dey is a professor and head of the Department of Statistics at the University of Connecticut. Samiran Ghosh is an assistant professor in the Department of Mathematical Sciences at Indiana University-Purdue University. Bani K. Mallick is a professor of statistics and director of the Bayesian Bioinformatics Laboratory at Texas A&M University.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication02/09/2010
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleChapman & Hall/CRC Biostatistics Series
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 34
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChapman & Hall/CRC
- Content Note68 black & white illustrations, 37 black & white tables
- Weight793 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byBani K. Mallick,Dipak K. Dey,Samiran Ghosh
- Series Edited byByron Jones,Jen-pei Liu,Shein-Chung Chow,Karl E. Peace
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.