All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionBayesian Networks and Influence Diagrams: A Guide to Construction and Analysis, Second Edition, provides a comprehensive guide for practitioners who wish to understand, construct, and analyze intelligent systems for decision support based on probabilistic networks. This new edition contains six new sections, in addition to fully-updated examples, tables, figures, and a revised appendix. Intended primarily for practitioners, this book does t require sophisticated mathematical skills or deep understanding of the underlying theory and methods r does it discuss alternative techlogies for reasoning under uncertainty. The theory and methods presented are illustrated through more than 140 examples, and exercises are included for the reader to check his or her level of understanding. The techniques and methods presented for kwledge elicitation, model construction and verification, modeling techniques and tricks, learning models from data, and analyses of models have all been developed and refined on the basis of numerous courses that the authors have held for practitioners worldwide.
- Author BiographyUffe B. Kjaerulff holds a PhD on probabilistic networks and is an Associate Professor of Computer Science at Aalborg University. Anders L. Madsen of HUGIN EXPERT A/S holds a PhD on probabilistic networks and is an Adjunct Professor of Computer Science at Aalborg University.
- Author(s)Anders L. Madsen,Uffe B. Kjarulff
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication29/11/2012
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleInformation Science and Statistics
- Series Part/Volume Number22
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note30 black & white tables, biography
- Weight738 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement2nd ed. 2013
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.