All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNorth West India, July 1897. Simon and Alice Fonthill are travelling with their old friend Jenkins to Marden, India for an anniversary party with the Guides Corps. But when they are ambushed on their journey, they realise that the land may t be as peaceful as they first believed. On arrival at Marden their suspicions are confirmed when they are told of fresh trouble from the Pathans leading Simon and Jenkins join the charge to protect a nearby Fort. Their respite is short-lived when Simon is tasked by Viceroy Elgin to deliver a very important letter to the Amir in Kabul; it is agreed that Alice will accompany them as far as fort Landi Kotal in the Khyber Pass. With Simon in Kabul, the Pathans attack the Pass and Alice is kidnapped by the Mullah leading the revolt, so Simon must battle against time and incredible odds to rescue his wife.
- Author BiographyAfter a number of years working as a journalist, John Wilcox was lured into industry. In the mid-nineties he sold his company in order to devote himself to his first love, writing. His Simon Fonthill novels have been published to high acclaim and he has also published two works of non-fiction.
- Author(s)John Wilcox
- PublisherAllison & Busby
- Date of Publication18/09/2014
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAllison & Busby
- Weight249 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $30.99New
- AU $71.82New
- AU $91.13New
- AU $79.26New
- AU $49.25New
- AU $21.55New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $30.74
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $30.99
- AU $12.20Trending at AU $16.37
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $79.26
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $83.11
- AU $10.69Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $20.87
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.