All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBaz Luhrmann's reputation as an invator rests on the evidence of the three films kwn as the Red Curtain Trilogy: Strictly Ballroom (1992), William Shakespeare's Romeo + Juliet (1996) and Moulin Rouge! (2001). This title offers a study of the work of this Australian film-maker. It aims to explore the genesis of the Red Curtain aesthetic.
- Author BiographyPAM COOK is Professor Emerita in Film at the University of Southampton. She is the editor of The Cinema Book Third Edition (2007) and Gainsborough Pictures (1997), and the author of Fashioning the Nation: Costume and Identity in British Cinema (1996), I Know Where I'm Going! (2002) and Screening the Past: Memory and Nostalgia in Cinema (2005).
- Author(s)Pam Cook
- PublisherBritish Film Institute
- Date of Publication01/03/2009
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleWorld Directors
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBFI Publishing
- Content Notebiography
- Weight392 g
- Width135 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $90.74
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.67
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.17
- AU $64.63Trending at AU $68.59
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.25
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $98.79
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.