All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionBazin's impact on film art, as theorist and critic, is considered to be greater than that of any single director, actor, or producer. He is credited with almost single-handedly establishing the study of film as an accepted intellectual pursuit, as well as with being the spiritual father of the French New Wave. Bazin at Work is the first English collection of disparate Bazin writings since the appearance of the second volume of What Is Cinema? in 1971. It includes work from Cahiers le cinema (which he founded and which is the most influential single critical periodical in the history of the cinema) and Esprit. He addresses filmmakers including Rossellini, Eisenstein, Pagl, and Capra and well-kwn films including La Strada, Citizen Kane, Scarface, and The Bridge on the River Kwai.
- Author BiographyBert Cardullo is the film critic of The Hudson Review and Associate Professor of Drama at the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor. He has edited What Is Dramturgy? and Before His Eyes: Essays in Honor of Stanley Kauffmann.
- Author(s)Andre Bazin
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication03/04/1997
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight385 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byBert Cardullo
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.