Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.54
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionBestselling author Jeffrey Archer's Be Careful What You Wish For opens with Harry Clifton and his wife Emma rushing to hospital to learn the fate of their son Sebastian, who has been involved in a fatal car accident. But who died, Sebastian or his best friend Bru? When Ross Buchanan is forced to resign as chairman of the Barrington Shipping Company, Emma Clifton wants to replace him. But Don Pedro Martinez intends to install his puppet, the egregious Major Alex Fisher, in order to destroy the Barrington family firm just as the company plans to build its new luxury liner, the MV Buckingham. Back in London, Harry and Emma's adopted daughter wins a scholarship to the Slade Academy of Art where she falls in love with a fellow student, Clive Bingham, who asks her to marry him. Both families are delighted until Priscilla Bingham, Jessica's future mother-in-law, has a visit from an old friend, Lady Virginia Fenwick, who drops her particular brand of poison into the wedding chalice. Then, without warning, Cedric Hardcastle, a bluff Yorkshireman who one has come across before, takes his place on the board of Barringtons. This causes an upheaval that ne of them could have anticipated, and will change the lives of every member of the Clifton and Barrington families. Hardcastle's first decision is who to support to become the next chairman of the board: Emma Clifton or Major Alex Fisher? And with that decision, the story takes yet ather twist that will keep you on the edge of your seat. Be Careful What You Wish For showcases the master storyteller's talent as never before - when the Clifton and Barrington families march forward into the sixties, in this epic tale of love, revenge, ambition and betrayal.
- Author BiographyJEFFREY ARCHER was educated at Oxford University. He has served five years in Britain's House of Commons and nineteen years in the House of Lords. All of his novels and short story collections--including Best Kept Secret, The Sins of the Father, Kane and Abel, and False Impression --have been international bestselling books. Archer is married with two sons and lives in London and Cambridge.
- Author(s)Jeffrey Archer
- PublisherThorndike Press
- Date of Publication05/03/2014
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleClifton Chronicles
- Series Part/Volume Number04
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThorndike Press
- Weight590 g
- Width148 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards
- Edition Statementlarge type edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.