All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this exciting new book Angela McRobbie charts the euphoric moment of the new creative ecomy, as it rose to prominence in the UK during the Blair years, and considers it from the perspective of contemporary experience of ecomic austerity and uncertainty about work and employment. McRobbie makes some bold arguments about the staging of creative ecomy as a mode of labour reform; she proposes that the dispositif of creativity is a fine-tuned instrument for acclimatising the expanded, youthful urban middle classes to a future of work without the raft of entitlements and security which previous generations had struggled to win through the post-war period of social democratic government. Adopting a cultural studies perspective, McRobbie re-considers resistance as line of flight and shows what is at stake in the new politics of culture and creativity. She incisively analyses project working as the embodiment of the future of work and poses the question as to how people who come together on this basis can envisage developing stronger and more protective organisations and associations. Scattered throughout the book are excerpts from interviews with artists, stylists, fashion designers, policy-makers, and social entrepreneurs.
- Author BiographyAngela McRobbie is Professor of Communications at Goldsmiths, University of London.
- Author(s)Angela McRobbie
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication27/11/2015
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Weight364 g
- Width153 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.