All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $67.92Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $42.49
- AU $18.56Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.95Trending at AU $53.03
- AU $22.59Trending at AU $27.63
About this product
- DescriptionLearn the secrets instinctively kwn to charismatic, persuasive communicators and reap the rewards of stronger relationships and increased influence in every area of life. Communicating effectively is a learned behavior. Virtually anyone can become a more influential and persuasive communicator. This ground-breaking book reveals concrete methods proven over 35 years of research, teaching, and consulting to address a wide range of communication challenges that organizations and individuals face. Readers learn to raise delicate issues, convince without being overbearing, and to constructively resolve conflict and criticism. Based on international award-winning research, BE QUIET, BE HEARD rejects canned formulas that leave little room for adaptability. When people attempt to speak using pre-packaged sound bytes, others see right through the one-size-fits-all technique. In lieu of staid formulas, this book offers models that provide flexible guidelines and progressive steps that can be easily adapted to specific communication challenges.
- Author BiographyPeter A. Glaser, Ph.D. and Susan R. Glaser, Ph.D. received their doctorates in communication from the Pennsylvania State University. Authors of the internationally acclaimed book, Be Quiet, Be Heard: The Paradox of Persuasion, they have been married business partners and co-presenters for thirty-nine years. Drs. Glaser have published three books and more than forty research articles. Their research on transforming organizational culture has received the International Association of Business Communication Research Foundation Award for bridging communication theory and practice. Feature stories have been written about them in periodicals and newspapers. The Glasers joined the faculty of the University of Oregon in 1975, and their consulting work has taken them around the world working with leaders from Fortune 500 companies such as Microsoft, Hewlett Packard, Weyerhaeuser, and others. They spend February in New Zealand working with leaders from both the private and public sectors. They have worked with federal, state, and local government leaders throughout the US, Canada, and the UK, including their ongoing work with the US Congress.
- Author(s)Peter Alexander Glaser,Susan Rosenblum Glaser Ph D
- PublisherCommunication Solutions Pub
- Date of Publication05/05/2006
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCommunication Solutions Pub
- Weight268 g
- Width151 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.