All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionEvery spring, hordes of fans descend upon Florida for the Daytona 500, the famed first race in the NASCAR season. But how many kw that racers have been bringing fast cars to the beach for more than one hundred years? Beach Racers portrays the thrills and dangers of the first automobile races in Daytona. In an era of poor roads, the flat, wide sands of Ormond and Daytona beaches proved to be the ideal venue for engineers and drivers pushing the techlogical envelope, looking for ways to make their cars go ever faster. Dick Punnett has scoured libraries, auto museums, and historical societies throughout Florida, the Northeast, and the Midwest to track down stunning photographs and primary sources to learn what really happened during these early races.Filled with riveting photographs, fascinating anecdotes, and authoritative lists of winners, contestants, and record-setters, Beach Racers is a must-have for every true fan of NASCAR.
- Author BiographyDick Punnet is a long-time resident of Ormond Beach. His first book, Thrills, Chills, and Spills - written with his wife, Yvonne - is a photographic history of early aviation on the beach.
- Author(s)Dick Punnett
- PublisherUniversity Press of Florida
- Date of Publication15/04/2008
- SubjectMotor Sports & Cycling
- Place of PublicationFlorida
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of Florida
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight268 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.