All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
About this product
- DescriptionOcean Devotions for a beach vacation. This book is for the beach lover who wants more than sand and a tan. Everybody wants a beach body, but do you have a beach soul? We all love a beach vacation, but what is so appealing about it for us? How does being at the beach speak to our souls and refresh our spirits? Why do we in our hearts so desire a tropical paradise? It is because Paradise is calling us. Creation has embedded the treasure of seaside insights the beach can teach. These ocean object lessons are spiritual pictures for the soul which can enrich our lives and draw our spirits to the Creator of the beach. For example, gazing over the sea is a spiritual scene more than we see and realize. The four essentials of any beach vacation are the sun, the sea, the sand, and the surf. These are our four cornerstone ocean devotions which reveal important spiritual truths for the soul. Other chapters examine various beach vacation elements, such as palm trees, islands, dolphins, sailing, sunken treasure, scuba diving, seashells and various marine life. Beach Soul takes a deeper, introspective look at the beach. So, whether you take it with you on a beach vacation or cruise, live near the beach, or just love the beach where ever you are, you can feel like you've taken a virtual trip to the beach for the soul.
- Author BiographyDoug Vaughan did not become a marine biologist as he dreamed, so now he dives into the depths of the mind, emotions, memories, and soul as a licensed psychologist. He obtained his Ph.D. in clinical psychology from Biola University in Southern California where he met his lovely and gracious wife Myrna who is a licensed professional counselor. They love the beach and have been blessed to have visited the beaches of Florida, California, Hawaii, Bahamas, Texas, and Mexico, but more than that they love the Creator of the beach and ocean. They are advanced certified scuba divers and sailing enthusiasts. They have two beautiful, talented daughters, Kristin and Alyssa, and a blonde laborador retriever Jenny. While at Rosemead School of Psychology which integrated psychology and theology, Doug also had theological coursework at Talbot Seminary. He is listed in the National Register for Health Service Providers in Psychology. He founded the Nashville Area Association of Christian Counselors and has made numerous presentations at national and regional psychology conferences. Doug and Myrna are in private practice specializing in Christian counseling, have taught classes for young married couples and presented marriage enrichment seminars together.
- Author(s)Doug Vaughan
- Date of Publication13/06/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight200 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.