All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.32Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThe Beanery: A Village Named Ormsbyis an orphan's story of tough love, comic relief, and reaching for the American dream.The Louisville and Jefferson County Children's Home provided a difficult and austere beginning for James W. Settle, D.D.S. However, he also received an excellent education at the Children's Home and went on to live a full, rich life filled with community service. The Beanery is a fascinating, inspiring, and humorous chronicle of his life that includes, among many other things, his experiences in the Navy during WWII and his lifelong love of music. Now retired, at age 90, Dr. Settle still performs regularly with the Watsonville Marching and Concert Band. The American Dream, with all of its rewards, has become a reality for James W. Settle.
- Author BiographyJames W. Settle, D.D.S. practiced dentistry for 35 years and is now retired. His hobbies include playing the tuba, fishing, paleontology, and woodworking. He lives in Watsonville, CA with his wife of 55 years, Shirley. He began writing The Beanery three years ago at the age of 87.
- Author(s)James W. Settle
- PublisherRobert D. Reed Publishers
- Date of Publication01/10/2003
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRobert D. Reed Publishers
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight716 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine26 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.