All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDo you long for adventure without being quite sure how to find it? Do you want to sleep under the stars and experience the wonders of the natural world? More of us than ever are spending weekends and holidays climbing mountains, surfing waves or simply walking in the wilderness, as well as indulging in many other more extreme activities. But how can we use our time out in the open to the full? Now, Bear Grylls, one of the most intrepid survival adventurers of our day, shares his years of experience of the world's most extreme terrain to help you get the most from the great outdoors. So, if you've always been intrigued by kite surfing, w's the time to learn how to do it! Find out how to make a tree house, or what dangers to watch out for when you're skiing or paragliding. And if you're planning a hike, discover how to navigate across the hills without ever getting lost and what to pack in your rucksack to keep you safe. Whether you're a vice mountaineer looking to graduate from the climbing wall to real rocks, or a weekend camper in search of a little more adventure, this is the book for you.
- Author BiographyBear Grylls' prime-time TV adventure series are some of the most watched shows on the planet, reaching an estimated 1.2 billion viewers in over 200 countries. Bear has authored twelve books, including the international bestseller Mud, Sweat and Tears, which has been translated into thirteen languages and was voted the most influential book in China in 2012. He originally served as a Trooper with 21 SAS, as part of the UK Reserve Special Forces, and subsequently led many record-breaking expeditions to the world's extremes, raising millions of pounds for children's charities. In recognition of this Bear was made an honorary Lieutenant Commander in the Royal Navy as well as a Colonel in the elite Royal Marines Commandos. In 2009, Bear took over as the youngest ever Chief Scout to the Scouting Association, acting as a figurehead to 30 million Scouts around the globe. He lives with his wife, Shara, and their three sons, Jesse, Marmaduke and Huckleberry, on a Dutch barge in London and on a small remote island off the coast of Wales.
- Author(s)Bear Grylls
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication07/05/2009
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChannel 4 Books, a division of Transworld Publishers
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight814 g
- Width190 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.