All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this gorgeous, lyrical celebration about the passing of seasons, readers will follow a mother bear and her cubs through the course of a year. Deep in her den under a swflake blanket, Mama snuggles her newborn babies. When spring arrives, the bears awaken and emerge from their lair, and as the weather warms to summer, Mama teaches her young ones to fish, gather berries, and dig for roots. Then, in fall, the leaves turn gold, food grows scarce, and the family prepares for hibernation and the coming winter. With spare, accessible text and charming illustrations, here is a sweet, gentle introduction to how bears experience the changing seasons, perfect for the youngest readers and listeners.
- Author BiographyKathy Duval is the author of Take Me to Your BBQ, illustrated by Adam McCauley, and The Three Bears' Halloween and The Three Bears' Christmas, both illustrated by Paul Meisel. Visit her at kathyduval.com. Gerry Turley is the author and illustrator of Woooo!, his first picture book. His work was featured in the Bologna International Children's Book Fair Illustrators Exhibition in 2012. He studied illustration at Glasgow School of Art and at the Royal College of Art. Learn more at gerryturley.com.
- Author(s)Gerry Turley,Kathy Duval
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication29/10/2015
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Books for Young Readers
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width254 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.