All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCan five bears share four chairs? The infectious rhymes and easy charm of this winsome read-aloud will make young listeners sit up and take tice. FOUR HAPPY BEARSON FOUR SMALL CHAIRS. Four chairs. Four adorable bears. All is well until Big Brown Bear shows up what a stare! and wants a seat. Can these clever bears put their heads together (among other things) and make space for one more? With endearing, expressive illustrations and a sustained rhyme in every line, here is a cozy tale that makes it clear there is room for all.
- Author BiographyShirley Parenteau has written a number of books for children, including ONE FROG SANG. She lives in Elk Grove, California. David Walker has illustrated several children s books, including DOMINO by Claire Masurel and FLIP, FLAP, FLY! by Phyllis Root. He lives in Chapel Hill, North Carolina.
- Author(s)Shirley Parenteau
- PublisherCandlewick Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication08/02/2011
- FormatBoard book
- SubjectPre-school & Early Learning
- Place of PublicationMassachusetts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCandlewick Press,U.S.
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight277 g
- Width170 mm
- Height150 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards
Most relevant reviews
- morningmyst5525 Sep, 2016by
Great for three year olds.
My three year old grand-daughter adores this book. (We got it out from the library, and had to buy it, so that I could finally return the library book!). This is the board book edition I bought just for her, because we love the full size hardback so much. The illustrations are very simple (uncluttered), and just perfect. The story is sweet, and the wording is lovely and also 'uncluttered' (and a little educational: counting, caring, rhyming, and enunciating between "share" and "chair"). Perfect amount of words, that still tell a clear story, for little ones who won't sit still for a longer book. I was a little concerned that the board book, being a lot smaller, may not be as effective, but it is still gorgeous, and includes the full story. This is one of my very favourite books for toddlers. Read full review
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.12
- AU $26.00Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.54
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.79
- AU $36.20Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.82
- AU $24.72Trending at AU $29.63