All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBears on the Road to Damascus presents a mad hodgepodge of the real and the fantastic, a literary buffet designed to please several palates. In this collection of short stories and essays, often macabre and always touching, strange tales of terror, love, absurdity, violence, loss, and conviction await. Just when things may seem a bit bleak, charming folk tales emerge to inspire and delight. The title story tracks a convoluted murder mystery in the beach town of Santa Roma, a strange place where the ocean hints at favors-but makes promises. This collection contains a first-person account of occupying a campus administration building in protest along with hilarious, satirical news articles; a long-lost script of Sarah Palin's Alaska; and a heartfelt essay examining our place in history, and the path forward. With a little something for everyone, Bears on the Road to Damascus is an indescribable and peculiar adventure into pure imagination.
- Author(s)Patrick Rooney
- Date of Publication11/04/2012
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight304 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.33
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.20Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $21.55Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $26.86Trending at AU $27.57
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.