All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMotown native and baby boomer Dave Armstrong (born in 1958) provides a goldmine of information in this homage to classic rock, with massive, fact-filled discographies of songs by Motown artists, The Beatles, The Beach Boys, Detroit Rock (1965-1975), Buddy Holly, Sam Cooke, and Van Morrison: including data concerning stereo and mo versions, recording dates, producers, songwriters, Billboard chart positions, best-sounding recordings, and many other facts. Also contains chapters on the topics of rockabilly, a blues and country musical pilgrimage to the South, recent landmark albums by Paul McCartney and Brian Wilson, selected Beatles mo recordings (deemed as superior to their stereo counterparts), a review of Beatles imitation groups, Bob Seger, classic rock artists 60 years or older, and favorite singles and albums from the classic rock era. A distinctly stalgic tone is evident throughout. Any fan of classic rock (especially residents of Michigan and Detroiters) will love the musical reflections.
- Author(s)Dave Armstrong
- Date of Publication12/05/2012
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $99.95
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $90.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.17
- AU $64.63Trending at AU $68.59
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.25
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $98.79
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.