All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.71
About this product
- DescriptionManhattan, the coldest night of the year -- six best friends rush to attend a celebration. Blown by wind and sw, the women arrive flushed, each caught in midadventure.... Tonight's the night of nights -- to rejoice in a new lover, leave an unfaithful husband, or decide to have a baby on one's own. These six in the city profes-sional women fight for their female choices. Sparks and zingers fly across the table....Love lives, secrets, and friendships go up in candle flame. Who will win -- the romantics or the realists? How can working women triumph in such trying times? While the cell phones chime and the biological clocks rewind, the friends enact a timeless ceremony. Here is our urban friends-as-family generation -- Beautiful Bodies is a dazzling comedy of manners in the grand tradition of Dorothy Parker and Mary McCarthy.
- Author BiographyLaura Shaine Cunningham is an award-winning journalist and playwright as well as the author of five books, including Sleeping Arrangements and A Place in the Country. Her fiction and nonfiction have appeared in The New Yorker, The Atlantic Monthly, The New York Times, Harper's Bazaar, Allure, Vogue and many other publications. She was born and raised in New York City. Her new novel, Dreams of Rescue, is forthcoming from Atria Books.
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication01/03/2003
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWashington Square Press Inc.,N.Y.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight487 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.