Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA stunning and poignant account of a teacher's extraordinary efforts to break through a young student's self-imposed silence--from the internationally bestselling author of One Child. Torey Hayden had always worked with special needs children. Sometimes the challenge was easy, helping a child with ADD to function rmally in a classroom, and other times the challenge was great, trying to connect with a child who has been severely abused in one form or ather for much of his/her young life. BEAUTIFUL CHILD is the story of Venus, a seven-year-old girl. She refused to speak and communicated with one. But Torey had never given up on a child and was determined to break through to Venus. And so the school year began, with Torey utilizing every technique at her disposal to connect with Venus. It would be a strenuous journey beset by seemingly insurmountable obstacles and darkened by terrible revelations--yet encouraged by sometimes small, sometimes dazzling breakthroughs--as a dedicated teacher remained committed to helping a hopeless' girl, and patiently and lovingly leading her towards the light of a new day. Told with compassion, sensitivity and humour, this amazing story is an inspiration to all who read it. 1. OVER ONE MILLION COPIES IN PRINT: There is a tremendous readership for Torey Hayden's books, especially in mass market. 2. A TIMELESS TALE: Issues of child welfare are constantly catching the headlines, and Torey Hayden's gripping and indepth tales of children overcoming their troubled pasts reach deep into the heart of readers of any generation. 3. A REAL STORY, WRITTEN BY A REAL HERO: Torey Hayden has worked with emotionally/mentally disturbed children for most of her adult life. This story, based on actual cases that she has dealt with, shows the healing effect of a little love, and a lot of patience and understanding.
- Author BiographyTorey Hayden is an educational psychologist and a special education teacher. Since 1979, Hayden has chronicled her struggles in the classroom in a succession of bestselling books. She currently lives and writes in North Wales, with her husband and daughter. 9
- Author(s)Torey L. Hayden
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication29/04/2003
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight190 g
- Width105 mm
- Height172 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.