All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionEvery day, American women and girls are besieged by images and messages that suggest their beauty is inadequate--inflicting immeasurable harm upon their confidence and sense of wellbeing. In Beautiful You, author Rosie Molinary--in uncertain terms--encourages women, whatever their size, shape, and color, to work toward feeling wonderful about themselves despite today's media-saturated culture. Drawing on self-awareness, creativity, and mind-body connections, Beautiful You incorporates practical techniques into a 365-day action plan that empowers women to regain a healthy self-image, shore up self-confidence, reframe and break undermining habits of self-criticism, and champion their own emotional and physical wellbeing. Through accessible, doable daily actions, women and girls are encouraged to manifest a healthy outlook on life--teaching them to live large, and starting them on the path to learning to love themselves and others. Molinary steers clear of the florid affirmations and daily meditations often utilized by books geared toward personal growth, and instead delivers a hip, modern guide of inspirational thought that keeps pace with the times.
- Author BiographyRosie Molinary is an author, freelance writer, teacher, and editor. Her award-winning poetry and nonfiction have been published in various literary magazines and books, including The Circle, Anthology, Caketrain, Snake Nation Press, Jeopardy, Coloring Book, Waking Up American, and Wishing You Well. Her articles have appeared online and in magazines, including Latina, Teen Vogue, Skirt!, Health, Women's Health, Ms., and Lifetimetv.com. She is the author of Hijas Americanas: Beauty, Body Image, and Growing Up Latina. Rosie teaches a body image seminar in the Gender Studies department at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte, and travels the country to teach body image, self-awareness, creativity, journaling, social justice, and writing workshops. In addition to holding a degree in African-American studies from Davidson College and an MFA in creative writing from Goddard College, Rosie is a certified high school social studies teacher. She lives in Davidson, North Carolina.
- Author(s)Rosie Molinary
- PublisherSeal Press
- Date of Publication15/12/2016
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationSeattle, WA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSeal Press
- Weight372 g
- Width140 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.