All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe world of Beauty/Beauty is 'built from the se/out, like a painting', accumulating its various feelings, ideas, objects, disappointments and joys to the point of almost overflowing. Preoccupied with demise and loss, as well as reimagination and regeneration, Rebecca Perry's debut collection has the duality and symmetry of its title at its core. Beauty/Beauty is a book with tenderness running through its veins, exploring salvation, reparation and the fullness of being alive; the difficulty of defining what love is, the heartbreak, the faraway friends, the overwhelming abundance of things in museums. It is alive with memories, with old loves hanging around in the corners of dark rooms, ghost mouths hidden inside the mouth you are kissing, and eulogies to dearly departed pets. Each poem creates its own tiny world to be lived in and explored; a stegosaurus is adored, a million silver spiders play dead, a list of flowers is t really a list of flowers, adorable dogs want to be friends, the flightless grow wings, and the stars turn green.
- Author BiographyRebecca Perry was born in 1986 in London. She graduated from Manchester's Centre for New Writing in 2008 and currently lives in London where she works in publishing. Her poems have appeared in many magazines. Her pamphlet, little armoured (Seren), won the Poetry Wales Purple Moose Prize and was a Poetry Book Society Pamphlet Choice. Throughout 2014 Rebecca worked in collaboration with the Glej Theatre in Slovenia, writing a performance piece called Silent City, exploring the lives of European youth. Her first book-length collection is Beauty/Beauty (Bloodaxe Books, 2015).
- PrizesShortlisted for T S Eliot Prize 2015.
- Author(s)Rebecca Perry
- PublisherBloodaxe Books Ltd
- Date of Publication25/01/2015
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationTyne and Wear
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloodaxe Books Ltd
- Weight181 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine6 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.98Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $22.83Trending at AU $27.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.