Beauty and the Abject: Interdisciplinary Perspectives by Peter Lang Publishing Inc (Hardback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $87.92Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $51.94+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection of eighteen essays explores the meanings and depictions of beauty and the abject in art (from Renaissance portraiture to the canvasses of Salvador Dali); photography and the representation of the body; film (from the horror genre and gay/lesbian sexuality to socio-political problems); literature (from classical lyric and pastoral drama to the contemporary verbal arts); cultural studies (from the femme fatale and James Bond to vampires and monsters); architecture; and linguistics. These essays t only examine the theme from a variety of media and critical perspectives, they also scrutinize and challenge traditional tions of beauty and the abject.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Leslie Boldt-Irons is Professor of French at Brock University (St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada), where she teaches primarily twentieth-century literature and French culture and civilization. She translated into English Georges Bataille's L'experience interieure in 1988 and edited a collection of essays, On Bataille, in 1995. She has published and delivered papers on the works of Artaud, Camus, Blanchot, Malraux, Kristeva, and Baudrillard, among other authors. Corrado Federici is Professor of Italian in the Department of Modern Languages, Literatures, and Cultures at Brock University (St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada). He has translated from the Italian Luciano Nanni's Communication: The Power of Location: Essays on Adespotic Aesthetics (Peter Lang, 2000) and Biancamaria Frabotta's Italian Women Poets. An Anthology. He is also co-editor of Literary Texts and the Arts: Interdisciplinary Perspectives (Peter Lang, 2003) and Images and Imagery: Frames, Borders, Limits - Interdisciplinary Perspectives (Peter Lang, 2005). He has also written numerous articles and book chapters on modern Italian novelists and poets. Ernesto Virgulti is Associate Professor of Italian and former Chair of the Department of Modern Languages, Literatures, and Cultures at Brock University (St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada), where he teaches a variety of courses in Italian language, literature, cinema, and pedagogy. His publications and research interests include Medieval European and Italian literature (especially Boccaccio's Decameron), literary theory (narratology, semiotics), and Italian cinema. He also has published translations and a book on the playwright Luigi Pirandello's Cosi e (se vi pare).
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/2007
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Series TitleStudies on Themes and Motifs in Literature
- Series Part/Volume Number88
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight650 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byCorrado Federici,Ernesto Virgulti,Leslie Boldt-Irons
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
The 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet: Lose Weight Fast and Reprogramme Your Body for Life by Michael Mosley (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $19.43New
- AU $7.82Used
- AU $21.30New
Women Who Run with Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estes (Paperback, 1996)
- AU $14.09New
- AU $6.50Used
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $23.80New
- AU $11.17Used
- AU $20.04New
- AU $32.17New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.86Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $40.04Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.54
- AU $19.74Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $101.00Trending at AU $118.99
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $78.53
- AU $35.08Trending at AU $38.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.