All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.18
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.56
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.80
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.84
- AU $24.46Trending at AU $29.64
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.53
- AU $20.71Trending at AU $24.37
About this product
- DescriptionThrough her great capacity to love, a kind and beautiful maid releases a handsome prince from the spell which has made him an ugly beast.
- Author BiographyH.M. Brock (1875-1960) along with his brother C.E. Brock had a long and successful career as an illustrator, no small feat during a time that saw some of the greatest of children s book artists. The brothers grew up in Cambridge, where their father was a specialist in Oriental Languages.Early on he was greatly influenced by his brother, with whom he shared a studio, but eventually developed his own vigorous style, one which lent itself very well to illustrating such works as The Deerslayer (1900), Sir Walter Scott s Waverly (1899), Shakespeare s King Richard II and four of the novels of Robert Louis Stevenson, as well as several of Charles Dickens works and many other books.A devotee of Gilbert and Sullivan, H.M. Brock designed many posters and other promotional materials for the D'Oyly Carte Opera Company. Jerry Griswold is a specialist in Children's Literature and in American Literature and Culture. The author of seven books, he has published more than 200 essays in the national press (Nation, Paris Review, New Republic, et al.) and is a frequent contributor to the New York and the Los Angeles Times. The former Director of the National Center for the Study of Children's Literature, Griswold was a professor at San Diego State University, UCLA, UCSD, and the National University of Ireland in Galway.
- PublisherLaughing Elephant
- Date of Publication01/11/2012
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLaughing Elephant
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width183 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Illustrator(s)H M Brock
- Introduction byProfessor of English and Comparative Literature Jerry Griswold
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.