All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionBob Turney was raised on a torious housing estate in South London, England. At age 15 he was consigned to the scrap heap by an education system that labelled him 'educationally subrmal'. Engulfed by a life of crime from an early age, he graduated to the fringes of organized crime and spent over 20 years drifting in and out of prisons and institutions. Today Bob's life is completely different. As a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, he has held many callings including Ward Mission Leader, Stake Sunday School President - and has served in an Elders' Quorum Presidency, as High Priest Group Leader and on the High Council in three Bishoprics.Working within the UK Criminal Justice System and frequently with difficult and damaged people, Bob Turney has gained a unique reputation as someone who has 'crossed over the tracks', triumphed against huge odds and become an inspiration to other people looking to do the same. Building on three earlier books, he w tells of the role that faith has played in his life and how he and his wife Sue enjoy the benefits that flow from their Temple marriage, including five children, two grandchildren - and counting!Bob frequently visits the USA to give talks and 'firesides' of which the following are a sample of testimonials: 'One of the few firesides that held my attention, very interesting'; 'Pure, brilliant'; 'It was the best fireside I have ever been to'; 'A marvellous fireside, very inspirational'; 'A very honest presentation that spoke of real issues'; 'Bob is funny but also taught a good lesson'; 'He held my attention, I left full of the Spirit'; and, 'Bob made me appreciate the very many blessings in my life'.
- Author BiographySee description
- Author(s)Bob Turney
- PublisherWaterside Press
- Date of Publication22/08/2006
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationWinchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWaterside Press
- Height230 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.