Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
About this product
- DescriptionThe development of intercultural competence is the avowed purpose of teachers/trainers in commercial training and further and higher education, and yet the approaches are often seen as different and even in opposition. This book shows that there is complementarity in 'education' and 'training' in theory and in practice. The first group of chapters focuses on analysis of intercultural experience and the competence needed to be successful in that experience. The following chapters describe the practice of courses in both commercial and educational contexts where it becomes evident that 'education' and 'training' are indeed complementary without denying the tensions which exist and the expectations different learner groups may have. This book is thus t simply ather discussion of the theory of interculturality but a juxtaposition of theory and practice to the benefit of both.
- Author BiographyAnwei Feng is Reader in education at University of Wales, Bangor and has research interests in intercultural studies and bilingualism in education. Mike Byram is Professor Emeritus in Education at the University of Durham with research interest in policy and practice in intercultural education and language teaching. Mike Fleming is Professor of Education at Durham University with research interests in drama and arts education as well as intercultural education.
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication15/05/2009
- Series TitleLanguages for Intercultural Communication and Education
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 1
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMultilingual Matters
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight427 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byAnwei Feng,Michael Byram,Mike Fleming
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.