All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionForget the saying Work Smarter, Not Harder because when it comes to changing your body, you need to: Work Smarter AND Harder! This is something that the author, Chris Young of GetMightyNow.com, kws all too well. With more than 26 years of training thousands of clients, from people coping with multiple sclerosis to elite athletes, Chris kws how to help you achieve the results you desire. Becoming Mighty boils weight loss, strength training, logistics and psychology down to the fundamentals. What you get are systems that will bring you from where you are to where you want to be. While individualization is discussed for special populations, most training principles are just those - principles. They apply to everyone because whether man or woman, tall or short, skinny or fat, we are all human. We all have much more in common than we usually bother to ponder or remember - excuses for failure included. That being said, Chapter 10, The Psychology of Program Selection, brings a new twist on how to best train depending on your psychological type. If you are familiar with the work of Carl Jung in the early 1900s, one of the colors: blue, green, yellow or red may have a special meaning to you. If t, it is a model worth considering. Once you understand your personality type and how it influences your decisions, Chris gives you practical advice and strategies for success. Chris has helped thousands achieve the same goals you are reaching for, and has made this book to outline the process that will get you there. Sometimes, paying for the information that will get you from point A to point B is worth the price. This is one of those times. Whether you are suffering from information overload, stuck on a plateau, or just having a hard time keeping the weight off, this book is for you. Don't wait for success to come to you; it doesn't work that way. The top of the mountain doesn't come down to you - you must climb to the top of the mountain. Goals are reached one step at a time, and it is time for you to take the next step. Someday means never, so don't delay. Buy your copy of Becoming Mighty today!
- Author BiographyChris Young has worked in the fitness industry since 1985, helping a wide range of clients ranging from those suffering from conditions such as Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson's syndrome, and AID's through to international athletes. He currently runs the gym at the highly prestigious Spa at Pennyhill Park, as well as working as a consultant for several companies within the industry. Chris is very active within the Supertraining Practice Group (named in honor of Dr. Mel Siff); this is a group of fitness trainers who meet every 2-3 months with a goal of furthering the knowledge of the group as a whole. Over the years he has competed or participated in Judo, Aikido, and Bodybuilding. He currently competes in Drug-Free, unequipped Powerlifting, and is the current British Single Lift Squat Champion as well as the British and World Powerlifting Champion in his age group. Chris has a passion for all strength sports and admits to being a complete nerd about anything to do with health and fitness. This passion extends to trtravelingo the famous Westside Barbell Club in Columbus, Ohio to train with Louie Simmons for a couple of weeks each year. In his mind, Louie is the world's foremost expert on strength and conditioning, and is honhonored call him a friend.
- Author(s)Chris Young
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication25/07/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight240 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.