All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNunes' conclusion is succinct and contains several original ideas. Unlike most writers, she claims that human interdependence is a fact that may have positive effects...Becoming True to Ourselves is an outstanding work of research and presents insightful and original concerns about a topic that had t been studied previously but is of major importance. Rocky Mountain Review Becoming True to Ourselves is a penetrating exploration of literary strategies of decolonization in the Portuguese-speaking world. Divided into three parts, the analysis centers on an examination of the Portuguese, Brazilian, and African colonial experiences as viewed through the eyes of native contemporary writers over a 100-year span. This examination enables the author to uncover the fundamental relationship between cultural decolonization and national identity and reveals an unusually vital literary tradition that both reinforces and helps impel these nation's drives toward cultural, political, and ecomic independence.
- Author BiographyMARIA LUISA NUNES is Professor of Portuguese at the State University of New York at Stonybrook.
- Author(s)Maria Nunes
- Date of Publication17/11/1987
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleContributions to the Study of World Literature
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo 22
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight301 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.