All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe complete guide to the fashion industry, featuring interviews with top designers who explain the intricacies of the world of fashion design Anyone who has ever tried to launch a fashion design career kws how grueling it can be. The fashion industry is a highly prominent field, yielding a competitive environment that is greatly guarded, secretive, and difficult to infiltrate. Becoming a Fashion Designer provides all the information, resources, and tools you need to help you navigate these obstacles and successfully launch a career in fashion design. Of the various job opportunities available in the fashion industry, the career path of a fashion designer consistently ranks as the most popular position in the field, making the competition even greater. The book pays special attention to this and demonstrates several ways in which an aspiring fashion designer can stand out from the competition. A dynamic and comprehensive career guide, this book imparts insider tips from top fashion designers and executives based around the world. Expert advice includes an introduction to a career in fashion design, educational requirements, career opportunities, the design process, portfolio creation, preparation for getting hired, steps to start and run one's own fashion design business, as well as a forecast of the future of the fashion industry. * Features original interviews from top designers and high-profile fashion executives, including Ralph Rucci, Reem Acra, Peter Som, Anna Sui, Nanette Lepore, Kay Unger, Stuart Weitzman, Dennis Basso, Randolph Duke, Zang Toi, Pamella Roland, Robert Verdi and Daymond John * Includes cases in point and insider tips throughout * Includes illustrations, drawings, sketches, and photographs demonstrating various aspects of working in fashion design, with special contributions from rewned illustrator, Izak Zeu and legendary fashion photographer, Nigel Barker * Offers in-depth resources to assist you on your journey to becoming a fashion designer Whether a student, recent college graduate, industry professional or career changer, you'll learn everything you need to kw to successfully develop a fashion design career.
- Author BiographyLISA J. SPRINGSTEEL is a twenty-year veteran of the fashion industry who has worked for luxury design firms such as Ralph Lauren and Marc Jacobs, and apparel powerhouses Phillips-Van Heusen and Limited Brands in a variety of capacities, from fashion design to global fabric sourcing, research, and development. Her experience extends to the media world, where she covered New York Fashion Week runway shows, interviewed top designers, and wrote numerous magazine and newspaper articles on fashion, beauty, and health. She has been featured in the Sean Combs MTV documentary, If I Were King and on America Live with Megyn Kelly on Fox News.
- Author(s)Lisa Springsteel
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication26/04/2013
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight662 g
- Width189 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.41Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.73Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.