All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionIdeal for anyone embarking on or considering a career in the helping professions, BECOMING A HELPER, Seventh Edition, provides an overview of the stages of the helping process while teaching readers the skills and kwledge they need to become successful helping professionals. Drawing on their years of experience, Corey and Corey focus on the struggles, anxieties, and uncertainties often encountered on the road to becoming effective helpers. They also emphasize self-reflection on a number of professional issues. Finally, the authors help readers decide if a career in the helping professions is right for them by asking them to take a candid look at the demands and strains they'll face in the field.
- Author BiographyGerald Corey is Professor Emeritus of Human Services and Counseling at California State University at Fullerton. He received his doctorate in counseling from the University of Southern California. He is a Diplomate in Counseling Psychology, American Board of Professional Psychology; a licensed psychologist; and a National Certified Counselor. He is a Fellow of the American Psychological Association (Division 17, Counseling Psychology; and Division 49, Group Psychotherapy); a Fellow of the American Counseling Association; and a Fellow of the Association for Specialists in Group Work. Both Jerry and Marianne Corey received the Lifetime Achievement Award from the American Mental Health Counselors Association in 2011, and both also received the Eminent Career Award from ASGW in 2001. Dr. Jerry Corey was given the Outstanding Professor of the Year Award from California State University at Fullerton in 1991. He regularly teaches both undergraduate and graduate courses in group counseling and ethics in counseling. He is the author or coauthor of 15 textbooks in counseling currently in print, along with more than 60 journal articles and book chapters. Marianne Schneider Corey is a licensed marriage and family therapist in California and a National Certified Counselor. She received her master's degree in marriage, family, and child counseling from Chapman College. She is a Fellow of the Association for Specialists in Group Work and was the recipient of this organization's Eminent Career Award in 2001. She received the Lifetime Achievement Award from the American Mental Health Counselors Association in 2011, and is a member of that organization. She also holds memberships in the American Counseling Association, the American Group Psychotherapy Association, the Association for Specialists in Group Work, the Association for Multicultural Counseling and Development, the Association for Counselor Education and Supervision, and the Western Association of Counselor Education and Supervision. In the past 40 years, Marianne Schneider Corey and Jerry Corey have presented workshops in group counseling for mental health professionals at many universities in the United States as well as in Canada, Mexico, China, Hong Kong, Korea, Germany, Belgium, Scotland, England, and Ireland. In addition to GROUPS: PROCESS AND PRACTICE, Marianne has coauthored the following books, all with Cengage Learning: I NEVER KNEW I HAD A CHOICE, 11th Edition (2018, with Gerald Corey and Michelle Muratori); BECOMING A HELPER, 7th Edition (2016, with Gerald Corey); ISSUES AND ETHICS IN THE HELPING PROFESSIONS, 9th Edition (2015, with Gerald Corey, Cindy Corey, and Patrick Callanan); and GROUP TECHNIQUES, 4th Edition (2015, with Gerald Corey, Patrick Callanan, and Michael Russell).
- Author(s)Gerald Corey,Marianne Schneider Corey
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2015
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationMason, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCENGAGE Learning Custom Publishing
- Weight794 g
- Width204 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edition Statement7th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.