Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $119.12Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $141.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA brief version of the best-selling BECOMING A MASTER STUDENT, the fourteenth edition of BECOMING A MASTER STUDENT: CONCISE continues to lead the way in meeting the changing needs of today's first-year students. With over 150 less pages than the full edition and 2 fewer chapters, BECOMING A MASTER STUDENT: CONCISE contains the key features and tools of the bigger version, such as interactive journaling, a motivational writing style, the Discovery Wheel, Discovery and Intention Journal Entries, Power Process articles, Master Student Profiles, and the Kolb Learning Style Inventory (LSI), that have helped traditional students and adult learners alike to identify their strengths and weaknesses, set goals, and practice academic and life skills. In this latest edition, students will discover that study skills are really life skills with the renewed emphasis on the master student qualities throughout the book. Students will be challenged to apply the master student qualities to new Practicing Critical Thinking exercises and planning for a career by building an effective resume and learning interviewing strategies they can practice while in college.
- Author BiographyDave Ellis is a leadership coach, author, educator, and philanthropist. He is a respected lecturer and electrifying workshop leader who has captivated audiences worldwide since first sharing his principles in 1979. Ellis got started in education in 1976, when he taught junior high school math. After getting a master's degree in mathematics, he taught computer science for six years at National American University, where he became Assistant Dean of Student Services. In 1979, he designed a course to improve student retention and then traveled the country for a decade conducting workshops for teachers on ways to improve student retention and test scores. He began training coaches in 1983 and started a public course for coaches in 1993. From Master Student to Master Employee is based on Ellis's bestselling textbook Becoming a Master Student. He puts into practice the principles he teaches, utilizing his remarkable system in his own life. His friends and colleagues often describe him as the happiest person they know with an amazingly wonderful life. He is president of Breakthrough Enterprises, a publishing and consulting company, as well as founder and president of The Brande Foundation, a nonprofit organization offering assistance to organizations working toward world sufficiency, environmental integrity, human rights, and personal transformation. Ellis has contributed millions of dollars to the work of his foundation and other organizations. You can visit Ellis's website at http://www.daveellisleadership.com. Ellis resides in the San Francisco Bay Area with his wife Trisha. They have four daughters and four grandchildren.
- Author(s)Dave Ellis
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication16/10/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationCA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight570 g
- Width217 mm
- Height275 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement14th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.92
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.46
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.14
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.09
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $80.22
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.