All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBecoming a Mensch is a user's guide to becoming a better person, taking readers through a process of personal growth by means of modern-day vignettes that draw upon the Talmud's ancient wisdom. By examining character traits such as kindness and compassion, self-mastery and self discipline, and humility and flexibility, readers of any or faith learn what it takes to become a mensch -- a decent and horable human being. Readers are introduced to the greatest sages of the Talmudic era and many modern masters of ethical behavior. Becoming a Mensch is t only a guidebook for personal growth -- it is also a useful guide for parents who want to foster the ethical development of their children.
- Author BiographyRonald Pies, M.D. is a professor of psychiatry and lecturer on bioethics and humanities at SUNY Upstate Medical University and professor of psychiatry at Tufts University School of Medicine. Pies is author of Everything Has Two Handles: The Stoic's Guide to the Art of Living (Hamilton Books), The Ethics of the Sages (Rowman & Littlefield), several psychiatry textbooks, a collection of short stories, Zimmerman's Tefillin, and a collection of poems, Creeping Thyme. He lives outside Boston and pursues independent studies in Judaic ethics.
- Author(s)Ronald Pies
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication04/11/2010
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHamilton Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables
- Weight245 g
- Width155 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.95
- AU $19.54Trending at AU $22.76
- AU $32.25Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $11.14Trending at AU $14.18
- AU $15.04Trending at AU $16.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.