All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIf you are interested in making your practice solution-focused quickly and effectively, look further than this text. The authors, co-founders of the Brief Therapy Group, demystify the process of psychotherapy, making the concept of solution-based therapy accessible and relevant for newcomers to the field and for professionals seeking to apply SFBT principles in their own practices. The book's hands-on approach allows practitioners to adopt the authors' simple, self-teaching style and apply it to their work with clients. Practical information is included on: * the differences between the solution-based approach and traditional therapy * establishing a successful therapeutic alliance with clients * determining detailed, meaningful goals for the client * mapping the client's journey to a solution * possible dead ends in applying this type of therapy * and much more! As an academic textbook, it is ideal for individual study in a variety of courses, including social work, counseling, nursing, psychology, education, and any other helping professions.
- Author BiographyJohn Sharry, DPsych, is a family and child psychotherapist and works part-time as Principal Social Woker for the Mater Hospital and as a Director of the Parents Plus Charity. He co-founded the Brief Therapy Group in Dublin, Ireland, in 1998 with Brendan Madden and Melissa Darmody. Brendan Madden, MA, is a psychologist with over 20 years experience in the behavioral healthcare and employee assistance sectors. He is Chief Executive of Relationships Ireland, a not-for-profit counseling agency. Melissa Darmody, DPsych, is a counseling psychologist whose current role is Clinical Director of Towards Healing, the Catholic Church service for adult survivors of abuse in Ireland. She also has a successful clinical practice in supervision and training.
- Author(s)Brendan Madden,John Sharry,Melissa Darmody
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication11/01/2012
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note11 black & white illustrations, 2 black & white tables, 2 black & white line drawings
- Weight362 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.31New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.31
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.19Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.35Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $3.54Trending at AU $7.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.