Becoming a Wiz at Brain-Based Teaching: How to Make Every Year Your Best Year by Marilee B. Sprenger (Paperback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $52.99Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.93+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBest-selling author Marilee Sprenger offers new and veteran teachers this revised and updated edition of her guide to translating the latest research on learning, memory, and the brain into effective classroom practice. Using Dorothy, Toto, and all the familiar and funny characters from the wizdom of Oz, the author provides in-depth but accessible coverage of learning theory, multiple intelligences, resilience theory, emotional intelligence, and classroom management strategies to help teachers master the complexities of teaching all the young brains in their classrooms. The revised edition features many new sidebars, illustrations, and graphic organizers to help readers understand complex concepts and translate theory into actual classroom practice.
- Author BiographyMarilee Sprenger is an adjunct professor at Aurora University, where she teaches graduate courses on brain-based teaching, learning and memory, and differentiation. A creative and compassionate educator, she began her career teaching prekindergarten and kindergarten. She has also taught at the elementary, middle, and high school level. As an independent consultant, her passion is brain-based teaching and best practices using brain research and differentiation. She also consults in the areas of learning styles, using music in the classroom, teaming, multiple intelligences, emotional intelligence, and memory. As an educational consultant with Two Rivers Professional Development Center, she worked for the Illinois Regional Offices of Education in the area of staff development associated with learning standards and testing. She speaks internationally, and her interactive and engaging style allows participants to make connections with their classrooms and their students. She is affiliated with the American Academy of Neurology and is constantly updated on current research. Sprenger is the author of several books, including Memory 101 for Educators and Becoming a Wiz at Brain-Based Teaching, Second Edition, published by Corwin Press. She has contributed to textbooks, and her articles have appeared in publications such as Educational Leadership and the ASCD Brain-based Education/Learning Styles Networker. Her dedication to education has won her many awards, but she cherishes most the wonderful students and teachers whose lives have touched hers.
- Author(s)Marilee B. Sprenger
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication06/02/2007
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight395 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.50Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.