All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAsk Doodle, a 70 pound labradoodle, why he flunked out of service-dog school and he'll tell you: smart and obedient don't always go hand in hand. His former bosses call him a career-change dog, but he kws what that term really means: fired. Turns out he doesn't have the temperament to be a service dog like his littermates. Too much doodle, t eugh labra, as one boss put it, referring to his poodle-like independence and his tendency to run away. Now he has a job sniffing out bed bugs for a new boss, Josh Hunter of Hunter Bed Bug Detection Agency. The best part of the new job? Definitely Molly, the boss's 10-year old daughter. She slips Doodle extra treats when she's t busy snapping photos with the camera she carries everywhere. But Molly has secrets of her own. The biggest one-a book filled with her photographs-she keeps hidden in the closet. She tells Doodle the book is for her mother, who disappeared when Molly was only three. Maybe to Mexico, Molly says, where her mother's parents moved after they were deported. But then Molly's photos attract the attention of a gang of criminals. And when she enlists Doodle's help to solve the crime, his se and her camera lead them straight into danger. A charming mystery for dog lovers of all ages.
- Author BiographySusan J. Kroupa is an award-winning author whose fiction has appeared in Realms of Fantasy, Bruce Coville's Shapeshifters, and in a variety of anthologies. Her non-fiction publications include features about environmental issues and Hopi Indian culture for The Arizona Republic, High Country News, and American Forests. She now lives in the Blue Ridge Mountains in Southwestern Virginia with her husband, two cats, and a labradoodle whose superpower is finding dead raccoons and possums. She's busy writing the next Doodlebugged mystery and posting on Doodlewhacked, a blog about the real-life travails of raising a very independent, high-energy labradoodle. You can find out more about her on www.susankroupa.com.
- Author(s)Susan J Kroupa
- PublisherLaurel Fork Press
- Date of Publication01/02/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLaurel Fork Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight254 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.