All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn a workbook format, Bedford Basics incorporates a streamlined version of the text from the highly successful Bedford Handbook with lower-level exercises. Because Bedford Basics follows the handbook's organization, it can easily be used in conjunction with the handbook in a composition sequence or it can stand alone in any developmental writing class. For the new edition, the exercises have been carefully revised after much classroom testing. In addition, several new features have been added to make this book more useful for culturally diverse students, students working on a computer, and students using the book on their own.
- Author BiographyDiana Hacker personally class-tested her handbooks with nearly four thousand students over thirty-five years at Prince George s Community College in Maryland, where she was a member of the English faculty. Hacker handbooks, built on innovation and on a keen understanding of the challenges facing student writers, are the most widely adopted in America. Hacker handbooks, all published by Bedford/St. Martin s, include The Bedford Handbook, Eighth Edition (2010); A Writer s Reference, Seventh Edition (2011); Rules for Writers, Sixth Edition (2008); and A Pocket Style Manual, Fifth Edition (2008).
- Author(s)University Diana Hacker,University Wanda Van Goor
- PublisherBedford Books
- Date of Publication13/08/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBedford Books
- Out-of-print date02/02/2017
- Weight916 g
- Width211 mm
- Height274 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement3rd
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.