CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThe town of Bedford can trace its roots back to medieval times, and has seen many changes over the course of its long history. Despite centuries of change and modernisation however, Bedford remains best kwn as the place where John Bunyan wrote The Pilgrim's Progress while incarcerated in Bedford Gaol in the seventeenth century. Bedford Then & Now perfectly illustrates the changes that have taken place in Bedford's townscape during the past 100 years. Richard Wildman's fascinating selection of archive photographs placed alongside local photographer Alan Crawley's stunning images of the same scenes today make this book an incredible record of Bedford's history that will enthral residents and visitors alike.
- Author BiographyRICHARD WILDMAN was born in Bedford and educated at Bedford Modern School and Clare College, Cambridge. He has been involved in Bedford local government and associations for nearly forty years, and is currently president of Bedford Art Society and a council member of Bedfordshire Historical Record Society. He is the author of numerous local history books, including Bedford: A Pictorial History and Bedford in Old Photographs for The History Press.
- Author(s)Richard Wildman
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/11/2011
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.)
- Weight320 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.