Best Selling in Cook Books
- AU $42.74New
- AU $34.77New
- AU $30.67New
- AU $15.92New
- AU $19.26New
Save on Cook Books
- AU $27.44Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $35.05
- AU $21.15Trending at AU $31.70
- AU $32.26Trending at AU $42.72
- AU $30.87Trending at AU $31.19
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $43.64
- AU $27.20Trending at AU $29.16
About this product
- DescriptionThis eclectic collection at last brings to a wide audience the irreverent, zany voice of Randall Grahm, visionary California winemaker and founder of Bonny Doon Vineyard. An icoclastic send-up of the wine industry and a celebration of unsung grape varieties, the book features, among other things, Grahm's hilarious literary parodies - Joyce, Kafka, Pynchon, Salinger, and others - together with song lyrics, other snarky satires, poems, lectures, and more. Subtle undertones of gravitas with faint suggestions of earnestness lie beneath the humor, however, as Grahm passionately addresses the state of wine today: Where in wine does 'greatness' truly repose? How might true originality in New World wines be found? Do New World winemakers have the integrity and courage to unreservedly embrace terroir? This trove includes a very personal take on Dante's Infer (Grahm's own vision of Wine Hell) and a collection of tunes from the rock opera Born to Rhone . Other pieces offer a fascinating glimpse into the history of the Rhone Ranger wine movement and of Bonny Doon itself, told through the story of its adventurous wine labels. Been Doon So Long is a highly entertaining journey to find the 'truth of all things that may be found in the unlikely medium of a wineglass'.
- Author BiographyRandall Grahm's writing appears in the World of Fine Wine magazine. He has been inducted into Who's Who of Cooking in America and named Wine & Spirits Professional of the Year by the James Beard Foundation.
- Author(s)Randall Grahm
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication19/10/2009
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Out-of-print date16/06/2014
- Content Note26 color illustrations, 35 line illustrations
- Weight1366 g
- Width216 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Foreword byHugh Johnson
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.