All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAward-winning and bestselling authors turn their own real-life experiences into captivating works of fiction! Where do authors get their ideas? And how do they turn those ideas into stories? This anthology looks at the process of taking real-life experiences and turning them into works of engaging fiction. The collection features award-winning and bestselling middle-grade authors who provide both original fictional short stories as well as the nfiction accounts that inspired them. The contributing authors include Julia Alvarez, Karen Cushman, Margarita Engle, Dee Garretson, Nathan Hale, Matthew Kirby, Claire Legrand, Grace Lin, Kate Messner, Linda Sue Park, Adam Rex, Gary Schmidt, Alan Sitomer, Caroline Starr Rose, Heidi Stemple, Rita Williams-Garcia, Tracy Edward Wymer, Lisa Yee, and Jane Yolen. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographyMike Winchell is a veteran English teacher and a secondary education curriculum specialist. He lives in upstate New York with his wife and two children, where he writes middle grade fiction and edits middle grade and young adult anthologies. Eglantine Ceulemans was born in the flemish Belgium and lived there for 10 years. She then moved to France, where she currently resides in Lyon. In 2007, she joined the Emile Cohl School of Art there, transforming her passion for illustration into a vocation. She loves combining humor and sensitivity in a way that touches both children and their parentsin her illustrations. Eglantine has been published in France and abroad forbothfiction and illustrated books. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Mike Winchell
- PublisherGrosset & Dunlap
- Date of Publication23/08/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGrosset & Dunlap
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width150 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Illustrator(s)Eglantine Ceulemans
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.