All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe fun and friendly guide to all things beer Beer has always been one of the world's most popular beverages; but recently, people have embraced the rich complexities of beer's many varieties. Now, with Beer For Dummies you can quickly and enjoyably educate your palate from recognizing the characteristics of ales, lagers, and other beer styles to understanding how to taste and evaluate beer. The author, a beer conisseur, shares his own expertise on this subject, revealing his picks for the best beer festivals, tastings, and events around the world as well as his simple tips for pouring, storing, and drinking beer like an expert brewmeister. * New coverage on the various styles of beer found around the world including: real ale, barrel aged/wood aged beer, organic brews, and extreme beer * Updated profiles on the flavor and body of each beer, explaining why beers taste the way they do, as well as their strengths and ideal serving temperatures * How to spot the best beers by looking at the bottle, label, and a properly poured beer in its ideal glass * The essentials on beer-and-food pairings and the best ways to introduce beer into your cooking repertoire From information on ingredients like hops, malt, and barley to the differences between lagers and ales, this friendly guide gives you all the information you need to select and appreciate your next brew.
- Author BiographyMarty Nachel is a beer educator, an award-winning homebrewer, a BJCP Certified Beer Judge, on the panel of professional beer judges at the Great American Beer Festival, and a former beer evaluator at the Beverage Testing Institute. He is also the founder and administrator of the Ale-Conner Beer Certification Program. Steve Ettlinger is the author of seven books, most of which are about food and food-related subjects. His most recent is Twinkie, Deconstructed.
- Author(s)Marty Nachel,Steve Ettlinger
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication03/02/2012
- SubjectOther Beverages
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight560 g
- Width189 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.32Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.