All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA perfect gift for the beer lover in your lifethe history, secrets, and artistry of the world s most popular drink! Everything you need to kw about the world s most popular alcoholic drinka joy-giving, convivial, nutritious, and delicious gift from nature and possibly the most diverse alcoholic libation with over one hundred different styles and thousands of brands. Written by the United Kingdom s 2014 Beer Sommelier of the Year, Beer O'Clock t only delves into the rich history of beer production and drinking but contains practical advice and explanations of beer styles, which ones to drink and why, food-matching suggestions, and the t-to-be-missed best beers in the world. Author Jane Peyton also details the basics of making beer, the ingredients required, and explains just what it is that makes hops so special. From the ancient worlds of Babylonia, Egypt, and Mesopotamia, where brewing was considered a gift from the gods, a complete breakdown of the myriad styles available to the modern beer drinker, the flavors and aromas inherent in each, and proper beers and foods for pairing, Jane Peyton has provided a complete beer course in a pocket-sized package. So sit down, open a bottle of your favorite brew, and start reading. There s better accompaniment to the perfect pint. Skyhorse Publishing, along with our Good Books and Arcade imprints, is proud to publish a broad range of cookbooks, including books on juicing, grilling, baking, frying, home brewing and winemaking, slow cookers, and cast iron cooking. We ve been successful with books on gluten-free cooking, vegetarian and vegan cooking, paleo, raw foods, and more. Our list includes French cooking, Swedish cooking, Austrian and German cooking, Cajun cooking, as well as books on jerky, canning and preserving, peanut butter, meatballs, oil and vinegar, bone broth, and more. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyJane Peyton is a respected beverage writer and historian as well as the founder of School of Booze, a company that puts on beer, cider, wine, and spirits tastings and events. Her writing has appeared in magazines and newspapers including the Guardian and Independent and has appeared on TV and is a regular guest on BBC radio. She was named UK beer sommelier of the year for 2014 and is also the author of School of Booze: An Insider's Guide to Libations, Tipples, and Brews. She lives in London, England.
- Author(s)Jane Peyton
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication10/03/2015
- SubjectOther Beverages
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Weight363 g
- Width140 mm
- Height185 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $22.63Trending at AU $23.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.