Beer School: Bottling Success at the Brooklyn Brewery by Steve Hindy, Tom Potter (Hardback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $41.38Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat do you get when you cross a journalist and a banker? A brewery, of course. A great city should have great beer. New York finally has, thanks to Brooklyn. Steve Hindy and Tom Potter provided it. Beer School explains how they did it: their mistakes as well as their triumphs. Steve writes with a journalist's skepticism-as though he has forgotten that he is reporting on himself. Tom is even less forgiving-he's a banker, after all. The inside story reads at times like a cautionary tale, but it is an account of a great and welcome achievement. -Michael Jackson, The Beer Hunter(r) An accessible and insightful case study with terrific insight for aspiring entrepreneurs. And if that's t eugh, it is all about beer! -Professor Murray Low, Executive Director, Lang Center for Entrepreneurship, Columbia Business School Great lessons on what every first-time entrepreneur will experience. Being down the block from the Brooklyn Brewery, I had firsthand witness to their positive impact on our community. I give Steve and Tom's book an A++! -Norm Brodsky, Senior Contributing Editor, Inc. magazine Beer School is a useful and entertaining book. In essence, this is the story of starting a beer business from scratch in New York City. The product is one readers can relate to, and the market is as tough as they get. What a fun challenge! The book can help t only those entrepreneurs who are starting a business but also those trying to grow one once it is established. Steve and Tom write with enthusiasm and insight about building their business. It is clear that they learned a lot along the way. Readers can learn from these lessons too. -Michael Preston, Adjunct Professor, Lang Center for Entrepreneurship, Columbia Business School, and coauthor, The Road to Success: How to Manage Growth Although we (thankfully!) never had to deal with the Mob, being held up at gunpoint, or having our beer and equipment ripped off, we definitely identified with the challenges faced in those early days of cobbling a brewery together. The revealing story Steve and Tom tell about two partners entering a business out of passion, in an industry they knew little about, being seriously undercapitalized, with an overly naive business plan, and their ultimate success, is an inspiring tale. -Ken Grossman, founder, Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
- Author BiographySTEVE HINDY is President and cofounder of the Brooklyn Brewery. A former Middle East correspondent for the Associated Press, he is also a director of Brooklyn's Prospect Park Alliance and the Brewers Association. Hindy has a master's in teaching English from Cornell. TOM POTTER cofounded the Brooklyn Brewery in 1987. He served as its CEO and chairman until retirement in 2004. Previously, he was an assistant vice president at Chemical Bank, where he financed the acquisition of assets valued in excess of $1.5 billion. Potter graduated from Yale and has an MBA from Columbia.
- Author(s)Steve Hindy,Tom Potter
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication18/10/2005
- SubjectInventions & Technology: General Interest
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight566 g
- Width148 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Foreword byMichael R. Bloomberg
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
- AU $34.50Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.