All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $20.71
About this product
- DescriptionUnmasks the tough, street-smart persona of Charles Bukowski-America's Ultimate Outsider * Amazing letters filled with passionate, literary, and personal observation * Insights into the author of Tales of Ordinary Madness, Notes of a Dirty Old Man, and Run with the Hunted * Insights into Sheri Martinelli: the protege of Anais Nin, an accomplished painter, and the mistress of Ezra Pound Charels Bukowski's persona as the Dirty Old Man of American Literature is just that: a persona, a mask beneath which there was a man better read and more cultured than most people realize. Sheri Martinelli was one of the favored few for whom Bukowski dropped the mask and engaged in serious discussion of literature and art, and for that reason the discovery and publication of his letters to her give us a more complete picture of this complicated man.
- Author BiographyCharles Bukowski is one of America's best-known contemporary writers of poetry and prose and, many would claim, its most influential and imitated poet. He was born in 1920 in Andernach, Germany, to an American soldier father and a German mother, and brought to the United States at the age of two. He was raised in Los Angeles and lived there for over fifty years. He died in San Pedro, California, on March 9, 1994, at the age of seventy-three, shortly after completing his last novel, Pulp.
- Author(s)Charles Bukowski,Sheri Martinelli
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication10/05/2001
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintECCO Press
- Content Noteill
- Weight607 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine29 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.