All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionBefore Marilyn tells the story of Marilyn Monroe's modelling career, during which time she was signed to the famous Blue Book Agency in Hollywood. The head of the agency, Miss Emmeline Snively, saw potential in the young woman and kept detailed records and correspondence throughout their professional relationship and beyond. On the day of Monroe's funeral, Snively gave an interview from her office, talking about the girl she had discovered, before anuncing, rather dramatically, that she was closing the lid on her Marilyn Monroe archive that day - to 'lock it away forever'. This archive was purchased by Astrid Franse, and together with bestselling Marilyn Monroe biographer Michelle Morgan they draw on this collection of never-before-seen documents, letters and much, much more. Before Marilyn explores an aspect of Monroe's life that has never been fully revealed - by charting every modelling job she did, and illustrating the text with rare and unpublished photographs of the young model and her mentor.
- Author BiographyMichelle Morgan is the author of Marilyn's Addresses (Smith Gryphon, 1995) Marilyn Monroe: Private and Undisclosed (Constable, 2007), Marilyn Monroe: Private and Undisclosed New Edition (Robinson, 2012), The Mammoth Guide to Hollywood Scandals (Robinson 2013) and 271 Steps: The Life and Death of Thelma Todd (upcoming - Chicago Review Press, 2015). Astrid Franse runs Bennies Fifties USA Collectables in the Netherlands with her husband. She purchased Miss Emmeline Snively's collection of her correspondence with Marilyn Monroe, her documents about the Blue Book Agency and her unpublished photographs from a shop in America, not realising until years later the importance of her purchase.
- Author(s)Astrid Franse,Michelle Morgan
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/07/2015
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content Note180 colour illustrations
- Width194 mm
- Height263 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.