All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBeginning AutoCAD 2005 is a course based on learning and practising the essentials of 2D drawing using AutoCAD. Bob McFarlane's hands-on approach is uniquely suited to independent learning and use on courses. The focus on 2D drawing in one book, ensures the reader gets a thorough grounding in the subject, with a greater depth of coverage than tends to be available from general introductions to AutoCAD. As a result, this book provides a true, step-by-step, detailed exploration of the AutoCAD functions required at each stage of producing a 2D drawing - an approach often t found in the many software reference guides available. The emphasis on learning through doing makes this book ideal for anyone involved in engineering, construction or architecture - where the focus is on productivity and practical skills. The author has also matched the coverage to the requirements of City and Guilds, Edexcel (BTEC) and SQA syllabuses. New features in AutoCAD 2005 are covered in this book including: Drafting Tools; Drawing Management; Drawing Output; Plot and Publish Tools; Productivity Tools; Sheet Set Manager, and Tool Palette Enhancements. The result is a useful refresher course for anyone using AutoCAD at this level, and those upgrading to the new software release. The course is also designed to be fully relevant to anyone using other recent releases, including AutoCAD 2004. Bob McFarlane is Curriculum Manager for CAD and New Media at Motherwell College, Scotland, and an Autodesk Educational Developer.
- Author BiographyBob has been writing AutoCAD books since 1993, the first being published for AutoCAD Release 12. Outside of work, Bob's interests include Bonsai trees, stamp collecting, remote control aircraft and kite flying. At present Bob spend most of his time with his wife Helen, his children Linda and Stephen and his granddaughter Ciara.
- Author(s)Bob McFarlane
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication05/05/2005
- SubjectSoftware Packages
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNewnes (an imprint of Butterworth-Heinemann Ltd )
- Content NoteApprox. 250 illustrations
- Weight975 g
- Width200 mm
- Height273 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.