All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBeginning Java 8 Language Features covers essential and advanced features of the Java programming language such as the new lambda expressions (closures), inner classes, threads, I/O, Collections, garbage collection, streams, and more. Author Kishori Sharan provides over 60 diagrams and 290 complete programs to help you visualize and better understand the topics covered in this book. The book starts with a series of chapters on the essential language features provided by Java, including antations, inner classes, reflection, and generics. These topics are then complemented by details of how to use lambda expressions, allowing you to build powerful and efficient Java programs. The chapter on threads follows this up and discusses everything from the very basic concepts of a thread to the most advanced topics such as synchronizers, the fork/join framework, and atomic variables. This book contains unmatched coverage of Java I/O, including NIO 2.0, the Path API, the FileVisitor API, the watch service and asynchrous file I/O. With this in-depth kwledge, your data- and file-management programs will be able to take advantage of every feature of Java's powerful I/O framework. Finally, you'll learn how to use the Stream API, a new, exciting addition to Java 8, to perform aggregate operations on collections of data elements using functional-style programming. You'll examine the details of stream processing such as creating streams from different data sources, learning the difference between sequential and parallel streams, applying the filter-map-reduce pattern, and dealing with optional values.
- Author BiographyKishori Sharan has earned a Master of Science in Computer Information Systems degree from Troy State University, Alabama. He is a Sun Certified Java 2 programmer. He has vast experience in providing training to professional developers in Java, JSP, EJB, and Web technology. He possesses over ten years of experience in implementing enterprise level Java application.
- Author(s)Kishori Sharan
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication07/08/2014
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Content Note66 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight1308 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine36 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.