All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis is your guide to the unique and expressive artistry of modern dance. For those new to modern dance, this book provides a friendly orientation on the structure of a modern dance technique class and includes information regarding class expectations, etiquette and appropriate attire. Students also learn how to prepare mentally and physically for class, maintain proper nutrition and hydration and avoid injury. Beginning Modern Dance supports students in understanding modern dance as a performing art and as a medium for artistic expression. The accompanying web resource offers 38 interactive video clips and photos of dance technique to support learning and practice. In addition, E-journaling and self-reflection assignments, performance critiques and quizzes found within the web resource help students develop their kwledge of modern dance as both a performer and a viewer. Beginning Modern Dance is a part of Human Kinetics' Interactive Dance Series.
- Author BiographyMiriam Giguere, PhD, is the dance programme director within the department of performing arts at Drexel University in Philadelphia. Giguere has been teaching modern dance in higher education for 22 years. Prior to teaching at university level, Giguere danced professionally with three modern dance companies. She also serves as a peer reviewer for the Journal of Dance Education and the Journal of Emerging Scholarship.
- Author(s)Miriam Giguere
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication15/01/2014
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Series TitleInteractive Dance Series
- Place of PublicationChampaign
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Content Note54 colour illustrations, 11 colour illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and Other digital
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.