Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $20.18+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionProvides programmers with a complete foundation in MySQL, the multi-user, multi-threaded SQL database server that easily stores, updates, and accesses information - Offers detailed instructions for MySQL installation and configuration on either Windows or Linux - Shows how to create a database, work with SQL, add and modify data, run queries, perform administrative tasks, and build database applications - Demonstrates how to connect to a MySQL database from within PHP, Java, ASP, and ASP.NET applications - Companion Web site includes SQL statements needed to create and populate a database plus three ready-to-use database applications (in PHP, Java, and ASP.NET)
- Author BiographyRobert Sheldon's MySQL programming is rooted in ten years of experience working with SQL, as it is implemented not only in a MySQL environment, but also within SQL Server, Microsoft Access, and Oracle environments. He has programmed with SQL directly through database interfaces and script files and indirectly through PHP, JSP, ASP, and ASP.NET applications that connected to various databases and issued SQL statements. Robert has also managed the maintenance and development of Web sites and online tools, which has included performing project analysis, developing functional specifications, and managing database and Web development. He has designed and implemented various Microsoft Access, SQL Server, and MySQL databases, as well as developed and implemented a variety of Web-based solutions. In all these roles, he has had to perform numerous types of ad hoc queries and modifications, build databases, create and modify database objects, create and review embedded statements, and troubleshoot system- and data-related problems. In addition to having a technical and SQL background, Robert has written or co-written nine books on various network and server technologies, including two that have focused on SQL Server design and implementation, one on SQL programming (based on the SQL:1999 standard), and one on Microsoft Office Access 2003. The books that Robert has written contain training material that is designed to teach users specific skills and to test their knowledge of the material covered. Having contracted as the senior developmental editor for the Microsoft certification team, he brought to these books his experience developing exam items that helped to focus readers on the skills necessary to perform specific tasks. Robert has also written and edited a variety of other documentation related to SQL databases and other computer technologies. He works as an independent technical consultant and writer in the Seattle area. Geoff Moes is a software architect and developer who has designed and implemented databases in MySQL as well as having designed and implemented software systems in PHP, Java/J2EE, and ASP.NET that have utilized MySQL databases through various database connectivity interfaces. Geoff received his bachelor's degree in Computer Science from Virginia Tech and has worked in the software industry for 18 years. He specializes in software and database architecture and development as it relates to Webbased systems. He has worked with several database products in addition to MySQL, including SQL Server, DB2, and Oracle. He has also developed a variety of software applications that have connected to various databases using several different languages and platforms including Java J2EE/JDBC/EJB, C++/ODBC, and ASP.NET/ODBC/OLEDB. Geoff's publishing credits include Passing Arrays Between Jscript and C++ (September 7, 2000, ASPToday.com, under WROX) and three articles published in Windows & .NET Magazine (online): Common Internet Hacker Attacks (December 1, 1998), Remote Web Administration, Part 2 (November 1, 1998), and Remote Web Administration, Part 1 (October 1, 1998). Geoff works as an independent software consultant in the Washington D.C. metro area. When he is not in front of the keyboard, he enjoys photography, mountain biking, hiking, and international travel.
- Author(s)Geoff Moes,Robert Sheldon
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication12/04/2005
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWrox Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1210 g
- Width187 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine45 mm
- Contained items statementContains Online resource
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.87
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.84
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.93
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.52
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.