All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis simple introduction to Old English focuses on how the language works, using accessible illustrations from surviving texts and showing how features of present-day English have their roots in this stage of the language. As well as being updated, the new edition has been expanded to include a chapter on Old English prose and two additional texts.
- Author BiographyCarole Hough is Professor of Onomastics at the University of Glasgow, UK. She has published extensively on Old English and related subjects, and is Vice-President of the International Society of Anglo-Saxonists. John Corbett is Professor of English at the University of Macau. He has written widely on English and Scottish language and literature, and is Vice-President of the Association for Scottish Literary Studies.
- Author(s)Carole A. Hough,John Corbett
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication13/05/2013
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2006
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note13 black & white halftones, 2 maps
- Weight374 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best Selling in Textbooks
- AU $22.78New
- AU $76.89New
- AU $36.17New
- AU $29.80New
- AU $77.88New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $19.67Trending at AU $22.88
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $36.17
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $127.06
- AU $17.63Trending at AU $19.93
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $87.64
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $87.04
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $93.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.