Beginning Research in the Arts Therapies: A Practical Guide by Mercedes Pavlicevic, Mr. Gary Ansdell (Paperback, 2001)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $38.04Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $29.94+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description* Are you about to write a dissertation for an MA in an arts therapy? * Is your workplace pressuring you to do research on your practice? * Do you fancy trying your hand at a bit of research without any pressure from anyone? * Are you bewitched, bothered and bewildered? A mystique about research usually comes from reading a) writers who launch into philosophical dialectics about research and avoid the basics; b) poorly written research papers full of undecipherable formulae; and c) smug, unfriendly research texts. This book begins at the beginning. Ansdell and Pavlicevic hold your hand and give you plenty of hints and tips while you prepare your funding proposal or research project. They help you think about your title, structure your research questions and aims, and prepare to collect, organize and analyze your research data. Moreover, you're t alone! Franz and Suzie have their own projects which you're invited to follow with opportunities to learn about the nitty-gritty of tables, pie-charts, data transcription, data presentation - and supervisors who toss off clever, useless bits of advice. 'Beginning Research in the Arts Therapies' puts the zap into arts therapies research, making it fun and serious, exasperating and utterly absorbing. Miss this book and you'll deprive yourself of a sympathetic ear, firm advice and a sensible and imaginative combustion of theory, debate and determination. 'Beginning Research in the Arts Therapies' is recommended to all arts therapies practitioners: students, researchers, and those clinicians who simply want to 'keep up' with research literature without 'doing it for themselves'.
- Author BiographyGary Ansdell is Research Associate at the Nordoff-Robbins Music Therapy Centre in London where he currently teaches the Master of Music Therapy Programme. He is the Editor of the British Journal of Music Therapy and former Research Fellow at City University, London. Mercedes Pavlicevic is Research Associate at the Nordoff-Robbins Music Therapy Centre where she teaches the Master of Music Therapy Programme. She is former Post-Doctoral Fellow, and currently Co-Director of the Master's Music Therapy Programme at the University of Pretoria, South Africa. Both are committed researchers, enthusiastic writers and spirited teachers.
- Author(s)Mercedes Pavlicevic,Mr. Gary Ansdell
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/02/2001
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Notegraphs, illustrations, bibliography, index
- Weight435 g
- Width173 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.