All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $22.14
About this product
- DescriptionA user-friendly guide to self-defense techniques for common every day assaults and attacks. The Self Defense Manual techniques are presented in clear, concise, easy to follow descriptions. A must have for the safety and peace of mind of every individual who leaves his or her home, and for every martial artist's library.
- Author BiographyDr. David Eckstein Goldman received his Bachelor of Arts degree in 1973 from the University of Illinois. He then attended Washington University School of Law, receiving his Juris Doctorate Degree in 1976. From 1976 until beginning medical school in 1987, he served as secretary-treasurer and corporate legal counsel for Central Industries, Inc., the parent company for a diversified scrap processing, new steel warehousing, office supply/ interior design, and transportation company. In 1987, he entered medical school at the Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine, graduating in 1991. Dr. Goldman completed a traditional transitional rotating internship at the Kirksville Osteopathic Medical Center in Kirksville, Missouri, in 1992, then began his residency training in Psychiatry at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, Tennessee. He completed his residency training in 1996 and transitioned into his Fellowship training in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, completing it in 1997 at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. He returned to Springfield, Illinois, establishing his practice in psychiatry as the Medical Director for The Goldman Group, LLC.. He also serves as professor at both Southern Illinois University Medical School in Springfield, Illinois, and the ATSU/ Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine in Kirksville, Missouri. Dr. Goldman was the 2001 recipient of the Max Gutensohn Professor of the Year Award at ATSU/Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine, and in 2001 was also awarded the Order of Merlin Shield by the International Brotherhood of Magicians. In 2007, he was one of 18 psychiatrists selected from among the nation's physicians to receive the NAMI Exemplary Psychiatrist Award presented at the international meeting of the American Psychiatric Association. During Dr. Goldman's undergraduate studies he became fascinated with martial arts and trained intensively in Shotokan Karate. Also in Champaign, Illinois he studied Aikido. During Law School, he continued his karate study and studied Tai Chi Chuan. After graduating Law School, Dr. Goldman trained in martial arts weaponry. Then Dr. Goldman immersed himself in Chinese Kenpo (author of Chinese Kenpo Belt Manual, also available from Amazon and Createspace) and competed regularly in tournaments both in empty hand and weapons. Dr. Goldman also served as self-defense instructor (Beginning Self-Defense). Dr. Goldman's books take that which is complex and makes it simple.
- Author(s)David Eckstein Goldman
- Date of Publication25/08/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBoxing & Combat Sports
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight91 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.