All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA graduated series of lessons for learning tatted lace. The book introduces the history of this lace making method, it's equipment and supplies, then proceeds to instruct the student on the basic stitch and methods of joining elements. By providing projects of increasing complexity, the student will learn everything needed to create their own designs and to interpret the patterns in other collections.
- Author BiographyAlthough trained as a registered nurse and working in the field for almost 40 years, Ms Wilson has also been an avid practitioner of a number of the fiber arts, tatting being her favorite. As she says, It's one of the most portable pastimes I know. If I take a ball of thread and a tatting shuttle in my purse or in my pocket, I'm guaranteed to be patient waiter no matter what the circumstances! It was especially helpful when I lived in Cairo. No one could ever get anywhere quickly or on time, so I usually ended up waiting for friends whenever there was a get together somewhere. Tatting gave me something useful and relaxing with which to occupy my time. When asked if tatting was an easy craft to learn, she replied, It's not easy to learn, especially as it is most commonly taught, but it is easy to do once it is learned. People usually want to start with the rings, but they end up with knots rather than slip stitches. That leaves them frustrated, and they quit. That's why I stress learning with chains first. You learn to see the difference between a knot and a slip stitch right away. Once you've got that, you can go on to rings with much greater likelihood of success.
- Author(s)Atheen Wilson
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationScotts Valley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight381 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.